All Playing Examples From The How To Tune and Muffle Your Bass / Kick Drum Series
After watching the how to tune and muffle your bass / kick drum series, you might be curious as to how the drum sounds with a ported vs non-ported front head. Rather than switching back and forth between the two videos, I decided to create this vid showcasing all playing examples from both vids!
Interested in learning how to tune your batter and reso heads?
• Tune and Muffle Your Bass/Kick Drum Part 1 (Batter)
• Tune and Muffle Your Bass/Kick Drum Part 2 (Reso)
The Bass/Kick in this video is from my Ludwig Classic Maple kit in Electrostatic Orange.
• 7 Ply Maple with a 45 degree interior, and slight round over exterior bearing edge
• 18(deep) X 22″ virgin (no tom mounts)
• Remo Powerstroke 3 Clear (Batter)
• Ludwig Smooth White Logo Head Remo Powerstroke 3 Smooth White w/ no mic port (Reso)
Drum Gear in this video: • Ludwig Classic Maple in Electro Static Orange
• Ludwig 8X14 Black Beauty Snare Drum
• Remo Drum Heads
• Zildjian Cymbals
• Remo Weckl Drum Muffling System 22″
Mics used in this video: