HOW TO TUNE AND MUFFLE A BASS / KICK DRUM PT. 2
In this video, I’ll go through my bass/kick drum tuning process for the batter head, as well as various muffling techniques to change the sound of the drum. This video perfect for the fellow educator and/or drummer who might need some guidance with tuning.
The Bass/Kick in this video is from my Ludwig Classic Maple kit in Electrostatic Orange.
- 7 Ply Maple with a 45 degree interior, and slight round over exterior bearing edge
- 18(deep) X 22″ virgin (no tom mounts)
Drum Gear in this video:
- Ludwig Classic Maple in Electro Static Orange
- Ludwig 8X14 Black Beauty Snare Drum
- Remo Drum Heads
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Vic Firth F1 Sticks
- Remo Quick Key
- Remo 22″ Sub Muff’l System
- Remo Weckl Drum Muffling System 22″